Making a change
Coffeebuzz.co.uk is taking a position, and adjusting our packaging and shipping products to better help the environment and the environmental impact of these items. We have sourced a new bag that is sustainable sourced, helping to move in the right direction. Thank you for your patience.
Kenya AA Blue Mountain
What is Boutique Coffee Roasting?
We think that it best describes the art of roasting coffee just for you.
Just like when you want a unique, one of a kind, and individual experience, you stay in a Boutique Hotel. Well, the same applies to a Boutique Coffee Roaster.
Roasting is both an art and a science
It can take years of training to become an expert roaster with the ability to “read” the beans and make decisions with split-second timing. This is the timing you have all come to love. That perfect roast. Not one the large supermarket can provide.
The difference between perfectly roasted coffee and a ruined batch can be a matter of seconds.
Beans are the first step. Arabica beans account for 75 percent of the world’s production and are mostly cultivated in Brazil and Colombia. Robusta account for the remaining 25% and is mostly produced in Vietnam and Indonesia. Robusta beans are popular in Continental Europe and are used in many espresso coffees while Arabica beans are more popular in the United States.
Roasting is the next, but we have that covered.
Storage is the next, to ensuring the longest lasting taste of a bean so finely roasted. Coffee beans’ greatest enemies are air, moisture, heat, and light. To preserve your beans’ fresh roasted flavour as long as possible it is recommended to store them in an opaque, air-tight container. This is why many opt for the freezer. The choice is yours.